What have we been doing?
- Spent two days emptying, cleaning, mending and refilling the armoury-EPIC
- Mounted the barrel on the falconet, refurbished the carriage and loading tools and test fired it very noisily. We now have six iron cannon balls for her- do not try and stick them in the barrel! We will make some lantern shot for her as well
- The First Aid training day went very well and the eleven of us there qualified. We need to make the badges and organise a training exercise!
- Completed the stocks and fitted the prods to all five crossbows
- Finished painting all the knock down targets (at last)
- Renocked and refletched a sheaf of arrows for people with short(ish) arms
Events we completed
- Tatton Park (Tudors) Sat 2nd-Mon 4th May
Truly epic! The biggest and most demanding event we have ever done in the UK. Three days, 12,000 visitors, 18 of us running six activities and six displays every day. We struck some 2,000 coins, approximately 1,000 on the last day. HRP were as every really pleased with you and I was, as always, amazed.
You can see us on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlkXIgvEqWo
- Raglan Castle Sun 10th May
Small event, nice place, nice people and lovely weather. Well done.
- Bolsover Siege 22nd-24th May
Lots of re-enactors besieging the EH multi-purpose castle. Small crew but excellent shooting in very cold conditions, (nearly killed me). Elizabeth performed brilliantly and the fireballs worked really well. EH well-impressed as were the guys in the castle!
Look out for:
- Chepstow Castle on Sun 7th June
Mini-event like Raglan- confirming details